Banana Leaf

There are many special theme restaurants in Canton. Banana Leaf is one of them, which is focus on Southeast Asia food. Actually it’s my fist time to come to Banana Leaf, and Banana Leaf really gave me a surprise. 😆

Indian, Filipino, Vietnam, Thailand… there are too many different kinds of food waiting for us~ I hope I can try all of them at one time. But with my poor wallet, we’d better keep our heads clear. After a careful discussion, we made our order. Yep, a mix style feast~ Vietnam Big Shrimp with Plum Juice, Indian Durian chapatis, Meat slice Coconut Juice(I don’t know it belongs to which country style, but really tasty~), and Chinese broccoli. Make your mouth water, isn’t it? 😛

banana leaf

I think the most attractive of Banana Leaf isn’t only these fascinating food, but also the special Southeast nation ambience. The waiters, waitresses and cooks are very passionate and humorous. Ever the security guard who comes from Philippines often amuse the costumer such as playing a little magic show.

There is a special group of people playing music and dancing from here and there in restaurant. Sometime they would sing their nations’ music and dance, and sometimes the English songs, even Chinese songs 😆 Wherever they go, the laugh and applause would come along. Here is a small video clip that shot by my cell phone. Though it isn’t very clear and the point of view is not good, the singers and dancers really gave us a very good impression.

Sep 10th, 2010 | Posted in Food, Fun
Tags: , , ,
  1. Sep 10th, 2010 at 22:51 | #1

Looks so delicous

2. Anonymous
    Sep 11th, 2010 at 12:19 | #2

Good show, isn’t it?!
    they did make us happy though they are not professional.
    But do you know why is it called Banana Leaf without any dishes relate to banana?

3. Feb 11th, 2013 at 02:37 | #3

The banana leaf is the “plate” of choice for auspicious occasions such as weddings and meals with special guests in South India. After washing their hands (there are no utensils provided unless you ask!), people sit on benches set up under a circus-style tent known as a shamiana that provides shade from the hot sun at outdoor weddings such as ours. Once the guests are seated, an assembly line of servers will go from guest to guest, placing dish after dish on each banana leaf. Typical fare will include a snack such as the traditional vada (a traditional South Indian lentil-based donut, much like falafel), a mound of steaming white rice, a prepared rice dish such as a biriyani, chapathi, dal (split yellow lentils), rasam (a clear tomato broth), sambhar (a lentil and vegetable stew), a crispy appalam (which some of you may know as papad), a number of different vegetable dishes, raita (yogurt with vegetables), pickles and and several sweets. Everything is eaten directly off of the leaf with the right hand, which can be quite tricky for the banana leaf novice!

4. I love to disseminate understanding that
    I’ve accumulated through the season to assist improve team functionality.

5. Jan 17th, 2014 at 19:55 | #5

I love to share knowledge that I have built up with the yr to assist improve group overall
    performance.

Feel free to surf to my web site; 貿協

6. Great web site you have here.. It’s difficult to find quality writing like yours these days. I honestly appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

7. Oct 21st, 2014 at 09:14 | #7

Microsoft has been coy about revealing the number of Surface tablets
    that it has sold thus far. Additionally, remsmber that Universal serial buus
    Controllers tend to be equipment that enables your
    personal computer to operate using USB cable connections.
    Them made available a system sorcerer to help you with connection your own home multilevel.

My web site shorl.com

8. Dec 21st, 2016 at 15:38 | #8

Thank you for the good writeup. It if truth be told was a amusement account it.
    Glance complex to far added agreeable from you! However,
    how can we keep up a correspondence?